Top-Rated AC Repair in Bowling Green, KY.
Speedy AC Repairs In Bowling Green, KY & Surrounding Areas!
An air conditioning unit is not a one-time expense. Instead, it’s a household investment that requires regular maintenance for functionality, similar to other things we use daily like vehicles and plumbing. However, it can be difficult to remember to regularly check on your air conditioner due to it running behind the scenes at your home. When your air conditioner is in need of repair or a professional eye, the experts at Chilly Ben’s have you covered!
What Are Some Signs You Need AC Repair?
It is important to be aware of common signs your air conditioner will need repair soon, because it can help avoid discomfort in your home. One of the most common signs is unusual noises outside the expected light hum of the motor running. Grinding or banging occurs as parts come in contact with one another, just as squealing from compressor pressure buildup or hissing from leaking refrigerant occurs. You should also be aware of clicking, whistling, and other sounds since each points to myriad concerns, so contact a professional to uncover the cause and remedy it. Other signs of a faulty air conditioner include the following:
- Foul odors: A lingering musty smell means water is sitting stagnant in the drain pan or clogging the drain line and needs removing. Similarly, rotten egg odors indicate a dead critter needs dislodging, while a stinky sock smell means dust and debris need cleaning. Also, ask about fumes that smell like gunpowder, skunks, or exhaust.
- High utility bills: If your unit isn’t functioning efficiently, the parts are faulty or the system is trying to bypass these concerns. It’ll work harder to produce cool air, pulling more electricity and raising energy bills.
- Long and short cycling: Long cycling means your unit is either too small for your home or inefficiently cooling, so it runs longer. Short cycling means your system is too large, starting and stopping frequently and leading to hot and cold spots in your residence.
What Are AC Common Repairs?
When AC repair services become necessary, a qualified technician first checks the thermostat, circuit breaker, and air filters to ensure a malfunction or clog isn’t causing the concern.Then, after asking about the symptoms you’ve been noticing, they’ll draw on their extensive knowledge to decipher the common causes and check each to uncover the culprit.
Once they diagnose the issue, they’ll determine whether a repair or replacement for the part is necessary. If your unit’s age or outdated parts indicate more breakdowns in the future, they’ll suggest a unit replacement instead. Some common repairs we conduct are for:
- Leaking refrigerant: Leaking refrigerant can cause inefficient cooling and high energy bills. Refrigerant is a toxic substance, and we never suggest homeowners attempt to repair a refrigerant leak. Once you call Chilly Ben’s for AC repair in Bowling Green, KY, we identify where the liquid is escaping, typically in the evaporator coil, and determine a solution from there.
- Clogged drain line: If water isn’t draining into the drain pan, it’ll go back into the indoor evaporator unit, causing water leaks, fungal growths, and musty smells. We’ll unclog the line and clean the pan.
- Failing blower motor: Electrical burning smells or grinding noises mean the blower motor is malfunctioning, so we’ll lubricate it if dry but replace it if necessary.
Benefits Of AC Repair
Air conditioning repair services keeps your unit functioning until the end of its 10 year lifespan and, sometimes, up to five years beyond it. Keeping up with necessary repairs keeps your unit running longer and avoids an unnecessary, costly air conditioning replacement. Immediate repairs also keep problems from worsening, barring more extensive repairs that would prematurely deteriorate the system.
However, it’s not just breakdowns that threaten your wallet and comfort. If worn or loose parts prevent optimal functioning, the air conditioner works harder to overcome the issues and provide relief. It’ll pull more electricity from your energy grid, creating higher monthly utility bills. This factor also affects the environment since your unit burns more fuel to run, so consider repairs for all-around benefits.
Keep Your Home Chilly With Our AC Repairs!
A repair isn’t something you expect to deal with until symptoms become evident, affecting indoor comfort and your system’s efficiency. When caught off guard needing someone to keep you cool, there’s no one better than Chilly Ben’s Heating and A/C. Trust our experienced team of licensed technicians for every AC repair in Bowling Green, KY, and surrounding areas by calling 270-776-3691 today!
Your friends at Chilly Ben’s Heating & Air Conditioning are ready to serve you and your family! Give us a call, or request service online to get started.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
See Why Our Customers Love Us!
Chilly Ben’s has always been extremely responsive and awesome to work with!! We definitely rely on them to keep us warm and cool!!!
I called Thursday afternoon and Brenda sent a technician Friday morning. Robert was on time, professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I will definitely use Chilly Ben’s again!
Great company to do business with fast reliable and knowledgeable and most of all great workers
I went to their office and told them what was going on, and they had a service tech follow me to my house. Before he left my air was working. Very good company and very good service. We will always use Chilly Ben’s