Heating Repair In Bowling Green, KY
The only time your heater is on your mind is when it’s not producing adequate heat for your home. Contact us to put your mind at ease and keep your home comfy with our five-star heating services!
Heater Repair In Bowling Green, KY & Surrounding Areas!
Having a heating system is about more than just comfort during our 26-degree winter lows in Bowling Green, KY and the surrounding areas. Its functionality provides safety from treacherous outdoor weather that would otherwise prove harmful if it seeped indoors during malfunctions caused by a lack of heating repairs.
Wear and tear are the first signs of an impending breakdown, so rather than test the limits of your unit by forcing it to power through once symptoms become evident, test our knowledge instead. At Chilly Ben’s Heating and A/C, our licensed and contracted team of specialists have years of experience putting your unit and customer satisfaction first, so reach out when repairs become vital.
When Should I Call For Heating Repair?
Contacting us for regular maintenance at least once a year keeps repairs few and far between. However, they still occur as internal parts deteriorate with excessive use and age, sometimes leading to temporary breakdowns that require an expert to get the system up and running again. Fortunately, paying attention to the common signs of wear below keeps minor repairs from becoming extensive, leading to a full heating shutdown.
- New noises: Ductwork banging or popping is normal as altering temperatures affect the metal sheets, but it’s not normal if it occurs nonstop or comes from the heater. Similarly, clicking is understandable as the unit powers on as the igniter lights the burner, but constant clicking means it’s failing. Other offputting sounds comprise squealing, whistling, and buzzing.
- Long and short cycling: Long cycling happens when the system runs longer than necessary, pulling more electricity. Short cycling occurs when the system starts and stops abruptly without properly heating, causing hot and cold spots.
- Higher bills: Even if your system isn’t long or short cycling, the unit works harder to override worn parts. It’ll also keep working until it reaches the temperature set on your thermostat, raising monthly energy costs.
- Yellow pilot light: If you have a gas furnace, your pilot light should always be blue. Yellow, orange, purple, or red could mean incomplete combustion and inadequate heating power. If out, a gas leak can prove dangerous.
What Are Some Common Heating Problems And Potential Causes?
Common heating repair problems stem from buildups within the system that bar airflow. From dirty filters to duct debris, clogs lower air output, making your unit take longer to reach your desired temperature. It also reduces air quality, pushing out pollutants that encourage allergies, asthma, and other respiratory attacks.
Dirt also contributes to cool air blowing out your vents since grime on the igniters keeps the spark from heating the air. For this and numerous other reasons, we place cleanings at the top of our maintenance and repair checklists. However, we can’t fix all problems with a quick wipe-down, especially in the following cases:
- A faulty thermostat that doesn’t turn on or depict correct temperatures needs new batteries or rewiring to prevent cool air from blowing or long or short cycling.
- A system that is too small or big for your home also encourages long and short cycling, either taking too long to cool your home or producing uneven cooling. A replacement keeps this from occurring. Overheating or a faulty heat exchanger can also affect cycling.
- Leaking or backed-up condensate drains on condensing furnaces or faulty flue pipes on traditional furnaces cause water to pool around the system. If you have a cracked secondary heat exchanger or attached humidifier, they also promote leaks when affected.
Why Are Heating Repairs Helpful?
From fixing reversing valves on heat pumps to repairing cracked heat exchangers on furnaces, heating repairs keep your indoor environment comfortable all season long. By remedying problems early on, a heating system repair also keeps repairs to a minimum. Services will become few and far between, proving easier on your wallet and placing less pressure on your unit. Repairs are beneficial for the following reasons:
- Extend your unit’s lifespan
- Lower utility bills
- Prevent carbon monoxide and gas leaks
- Reduce fuel waste
- Limit your impact on the environment
Rely On Chilly Ben’s Heating And A/C For Quality Heating Repair In Bowling Green, KY!
At Chilly Ben’s Heating and A/C, our cutting-edge practice uses new tools and state-of-the-art equipment to provide quality heating services to our community. To learn more about the types of heating systems available for an unexpected replacement or for quality heating repair in Bowling Green, KY, and the surrounding areas, call 270-776-3691 to request a consultation today!
Your friends at Chilly Ben’s Heating & Air Conditioning are ready to serve you and your family! Give us a call, or request service online to get started.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It
See Why Our Customers Love Us!
Chilly Ben’s has always been extremely responsive and awesome to work with!! We definitely rely on them to keep us warm and cool!!!
I called Thursday afternoon and Brenda sent a technician Friday morning. Robert was on time, professional, friendly and knowledgeable. I will definitely use Chilly Ben’s again!
Great company to do business with fast reliable and knowledgeable and most of all great workers
I went to their office and told them what was going on, and they had a service tech follow me to my house. Before he left my air was working. Very good company and very good service. We will always use Chilly Ben’s